Thursday, December 20, 2012

Reverse Heart Applique

This was my fun Thanksgiving outfit! I had seen a cute shirt with a reverse heart applique a while ago, and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try it. These are quick and easy to do, and you don't need an embroidery machine! Simply cut out the shape you want, then apply interfacing or stabilizer to the back of the fabric. Pin the right side of the patch to the inside (wrong side) of the shirt, exactly where you want it to end up, and sew close to the edge of the shape all the way around; I did mine twice to make sure it was secure. Then cut out the top layer (shirt fabric) from inside the stitching, being very careful not to cut anything else, and you have a cute reverse applique!

1 comment:

  1. Cute idea! Thanks for sharing. I've only done traditional applique on quilts, but I may give this a try on one of my daughter's shirts.
    Jessica
    ahumblecreation.com

    ReplyDelete